Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Grand Plan Blog Tour, Special Shout-out to AFCC in Singapore with Chris Cheng

Australian writer, picture book/middle grade author, and member of SCBWI Board of Advisors Christopher Cheng is in Singapore right now for the Asian Festival of Children's Content. I met Chris there last year, and we've been in touch by e-mail (and Skype) since then.

So when he asked if he could mention The Grand Plan blog tour during his session on marketing at AFCC, I was thrilled.

Since the rest of the giveaways on this blog tour can only be shipped to US and Canadian addresses, I'm offering anyone who attends Chris's session the chance to take part in an AFCC Special Grand Giveaway. All you need to do is send an e-mail to UmasGrandGiveaway@gmail.com and make sure you include your name, mailing address, and e-mail address (if you’re under 13, you will need to submit a parent’s name and e-mail address). One entry per person, please, and two signed books will be shipped to the winners, anywhere in the world. Entries must be received by midnight (Pacific Daylight Time) on June 30, 2011. Winners will be selected in a random drawing on July 1, 2011, and notified via email.

So if you're at AFCC, go to Chris's session. He's got tons of good information to share.


5 comments:

  1. GLORIOUS - just grabbed a screen shot of wwbt ... so cool that i waited till this afternoon to grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific, Chris! You may want to tell your audience that I am no promo expert--far from it. But the blog tour (I did a much smaller one for my last picture book from Tulika, Out of the Way! Out of the Way!) feels more like an ongoing conversation to me. I get to talk to some wonderful people about books, libraries, reading, and writing. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great ! I met Christopher Cheng at the SCBWI LA conference a few years back and his presentation was of of the nicest (read fun) I attended. Kora is very proud of her signed book with the Chinese stamp, too. Now, we need to find a way to get you to Bangladesh, Uma...
    Katia, who's overexcited to be able to access Blogspot, today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of people took down the web address and i even took a screen grab of the post so that they coud see it was real. hope you get lots of contacts.

    Hey Katia, thanks for the lovely note.
    NOW to breakfast - one more talk today.
    and UMA congratulations!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Chris, you're amazing! How on earth you managed to work all this into your talk while still coping with jetlag beats me. I loved your post about meeting Jose Ramos-Horta. I'm so jealous!

    And thank you. It's been such a crazy day that I haven't had time to post my little bit of news yet. Soon, soon...

    Katia I'm happy to come visit you in Dhaka anytime!

    ReplyDelete