Saturday, March 12, 2011

Share a Story, Shape a Future

Author-illustrator Elizabeth Dulemba is a guest host for the 2011 Share a Story ~ Shape a Future literacy campaign! This year's theme is Unwrapping the Gift of Literacy!

All week, bloggers have been talking about the importance of early reading experiences, going to Mars (yes, going to Mars), singing love songs to libraries.

Elizabeth asked several of us to answer the question: How did you fall in love with reading?

Here for the record is the first book I remember owning, the one that I credit with that moment of magic and meaning in my own life, the point in time when books became my friends. It's still on my bookshelf, frayed and motheaten, to remind me that the real work I do is to speak to one reader at a time, one book at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment