Wednesday, February 02, 2011

What's For Dinner? Video interview with Katherine B. Hauth

Katherine Hauth blends wordplay, imagery, and the often grisly food habits of denizens of the animal world in her new book from Charlesbridge: What's For Dinner? Quirky, Squirmy Poems From the Animal World. Katherine and I have been in a critique group for several years now, so I have had the opportunity to chow down, in a manner of speaking, on many of these poems at various stages of their development.

It's a delight to see the final work in print now.


video


As the Publisher's Weekly review says, "Hauth's funny, eloquent poems celebrate the often-grisly realities of the food chain." Congratulations, Katherine!

6 comments:

  1. It's a really fun book, Paula. Do pass the word on to people you know and love, especially kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see that interview, Uma! I have WHAT'S FOR DINNER featured over at The Drift Record for Poetry Friday tomorrow, February 4th. Katherine's book is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Julie. It's Friday already here in India and I'll be looking for those links in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing how Katherine winnowed down her collection to the most pertinent poems. Thanks for this interview Uma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my delight, Kate. I'm thrilled to do my bit to share this book with WWBT readers and browsers.

    ReplyDelete