As you know if you've been visiting any children's book blogs for the past few weeks, Robert's Snow is an online auction that benefits Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Over 200 children's book illustrators have created art on individual snowflake-shaped wooden templates. The snowflakes will be auctioned off, with proceeds going to cancer research. You can view all of the 2007 snowflakes here. Jules and Eisha from Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast have found a way for bloggers to help with this effort, by blogging about individual illustrators and their snowflakes. The idea is to drive traffic to the Robert's Snow site so that many snowflakes will be sold, and much money raised to fight cancer. The illustrator profiles have been wonderful so far - diverse and creative and colorful. And there are lots more to go.
Here's the schedule for Week 4, which starts today (Monday November 5). As previously, this early schedule links to the participating blogs, instead of to the individual posts. You can find links to the posts themselves, and any last-minute updates, each morning at 7-Imp. Jules and Eisha have also set up a special page at 7-Imp containing a comprehensive list of links to the profiles posted so far. Also not to be missed is Kris Bordessa's post summarizing snowflake-related contests to date over at Paradise Found.
Monday, November 5
- Anna Alter at The Longstockings
- Laura Huliska Beith at Just One More Book!!
- Cece Bell at Jo's Journal
- Denise Ortakales at cynthialord’s Journal
Tuesday, November 6
- Carol Heyer at The Shady Glade
- Joe Kulka at ChatRabbit
- Steven James Petruccio at Blog From the Windowsill
- Carol Schwartz at Jama Rattigan's Alphabet Soup
Wednesday, November 7
- Jeff Ebbeler at Sam Riddleburger's blog
- Scott Magoon at Just One More Book!!
- Connie McLennan at The Shady Glade
- Julie Paschkis at the excelsior file
Thursday, November 8
- Genevieve Cote at a wrung sponge
- Linda Graves at Your Neighborhood Librarian
- James Gurney at Charlotte's Library
- Matt Tavares at Please Come Flying
Friday, November 9
- Susan Kathleen Hartung at Wild Rose Reader
- Mary Peterson at Brooklyn Arden
- Annette Simon at Check It Out and Deo Writer
- Melanie Watt at Whimsy Books
Saturday, November 10
- R.W. Alley at Jama Rattigan's Alphabet Soup
- Jeannie Brett at cynthialord’s Journal
- Daniel Mahoney at Paradise Found and Great Solutions to Team Challenges
- Amy Young at Kate's Book Blog
Sunday, November 11
- Tim Coffey at The Silver Lining
- Elizabeth Dulemba at sruble's world
- Chris Gall at Through the Studio Door
- Amy Schimler at Please Come Flying
Please take time out to visit all of these blogs, and read about these fabulous illustrators. And, if you're so inclined, think about bidding for a snowflake in the Robert's Snow auction. Each snowflake makes a unique gift (for yourself or for someone else), and supports an important cause.
See also the following note from Elaine Magliaro of Wild Rose Reader:
Note to Blog Readers about Blogging for a Cure: When Jules of 7-Imp put out her call in September for bloggers to interview/feature artists who had created snowflakes for Robert’s Snow 2007 at their blogs, a number of artists had not yet sent in their snowflakes to Dana-Farber. As time was of the essence to get Blogging for a Cure underway, we worked with the list of artists whose snowflakes were already in possession of Dana-Farber. Therefore, not all the participating artists will be featured. This in no way diminishes our appreciation for their contributions to this worthy cause. We hope everyone will understand that once the list of artists was emailed to bloggers and it was determined which bloggers would feature which artists at their blogs, a schedule was organized and sent out so we could get to work on Blogging for a Cure ASAP. Our aim is to raise people’s awareness about Robert’s Snow and to promote the three auctions. We hope our efforts will help to make Robert’s Snow 2007 a resounding success.