Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Robert's Snow: Meet Stephanie Roth, Today's Featured Artist


The snowflake of the day, Tuesday October 30.


You can bid on the original art at the Robert's Snow auction site beginning November 26. "Annamouse, Willamouse, and the Snowfall" features the mouse characters in Two Christmas Mice by Corinne Demas, illustrated by Stephanie Roth.

Booklist describes Stephanie's pencil-and-paint illustrations as creating "delightfully expressive mouse characters" that "communicate the sense of warmth in detailed scenes of cushioned, snug interiors, complete with roaring fires and delectable treats."

Stephanie Roth has illustrated dozens of books and magazines for children--among them my emergent reader published by Lee & Low, Yoga Class, to which she added an amazingly energetic, completely enchanting storyline. The first 10 people to post comments here in reply to this blog entry will be eligible to receive one of the following. In addition to your post, if you want to receive one of these gifts, you must send an e-mail to Uma with your snailmail address.

The gifts: A copy of Blockparty Today illustrated (and signed) by Stephanie Roth, along with a signed postcard of Two Christmas Mice, (a total of 3 on offer here)

Postcards of Two Christmas Mice, also signed by Stephanie (5 on offer)

Postcards featuring English and Spanish jackets of Yoga Class, illustrated by Stephanie (2 packs of 6 postcards each).

Don't forget to bid on that snowflake.

12 comments:

  1. Even without the prizes I would have posted a comment! I love Stephanie's work, her loose pencil lines are so gorgeous and her children are beguiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature Uma. I love contests. Put me in! Stephanie's mice are perfect. How cool that she had Christmas characters to work with. I'm checking out her site, I love looking at the work of other "pencil" artists. I gotta see that book too!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thanks for this (I can see the images now; I'm on a different computer. I guess the problem was mine at home). What a great write-up and a very charming snowflake. Thanks (and you don't have to enter me into the contest -- just wanted to comment and thank you!!).

    Jules, 7-Imp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember Yoga Class! Cute! This snowflake really captures a joyous moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't see the picture either ... but I went to the auction site and checked it out. Very sweet. She's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I'm a bit baffled about the picture but will try to fix it or upload another one or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out, Uma! And thanks to you all for the really kind words. I hope we raise lots of moola for the Robert's Snow- so many great snowflakes out there!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a note- I don't know how they scanned the snowfalke, but for a WAYYYYY better idea of what it actually looks like- check out my blog-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Link, Stephanie? I looked at your blog and found only the early sketches. If you have a better scan of the snowflake, I'd be happy to link to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable mice! I love how they're decked out in their little winter coats. Stephanie's work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a darling snowflake, and thanks for putting up the clearer image!

    ReplyDelete