Sunday, August 19, 2007

My students

Two of my writers.com students report exciting news.

Annette Gulati, who took my picture book class, is this year's winner of the SCBWI Barbara Karlin grant for picture book writers.

Anjali Raghbeer reports the publication of The Quest for Clues (Frog Books, India) a middle grade time-travel adventure story.

Congratulations to both of you!

Finally, in her metafictional account of names and naming, Katia Novet St. Lot comments on a character's given (taken?) name, or rather the character does.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Uma. I learned a lot about picture books from your class. You're a wonderful teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Annette, and thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie Uma, Mom is still asleep and has not yet seen this or your comment on her blog. Thank you. I know she will be very pleased. Some days, I think this name business has affected her even more than me. I'm OK with Amadi. Hope YOU like it and so will all the new friends I'll make down the road. You are my favorite auntie in the whole wide Nigeria, and America too ! Love, Ifeanyi Amadi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Publishing news is hardly a secret, so I'm always happy to trumpet the good news that students report.

    ReplyDelete